Community Giving Requests
Amalgamated Sugar is proud to support local charitable causes and events.
Charitable Giving / Donation Guidelines
Amalgamated Sugar understands that the Company would not have existed for well over a century without the support of the communities in which sugarbeets are grown and processed. Each year, resources are earmarked to give back to these areas, and we receive many requests for support from a variety of different organizations. For a sponsorship/donation to be considered by Amalgamated Sugar, the following guidelines must be met:
- Contributions will be made to Non-Profit/Not For Profit entities including charitable organizations and schools. These donations will specifically be made to programs that benefit youth, education (particularly STEM), health & nutrition, and agriculture.
- Sponsorships should be local or have a local impact – local meaning Southern Idaho, Eastern Oregon, and Southern Washington. Amalgamated Sugar supports causes that are meaningful to our Grower-Owners, Employees and the communities in which we operate.
- We do not make monetary donations toward the following:
- School teams
- Capital campaigns
- For-Profit businesses
- Travel expenses
- Sectarian or religious organizations, for projects that serve only its own members or adherents
- Religious organizations and school teams are not generally eligible for sponsorships. However, if Amalgamated Sugar is asked to donate sugar for fundraising purposes for religious organizations or teams, these donations may be considered.
- Donations of sugar will be made when possible/practical to qualifying local organizations.
Requesting Sponsorships and Donations
Donation requests will be submitted to the Corporate Office for review and consideration. Requests can be made via the Amalgamated Sugar website “Contact Us” form by the general public or by submitting them to the HR Director and Communications Specialist internally. This assists in our ability to track and engage in sponsorship opportunities in a strategic manner.
Sugar donations will be evaluated twice annually – once in May and once in October. For a donation to be approved for the months of June-October, the request must be made to the Corporate Office before May. All donations which need to be approved for the months of November-May need to be made before October. A small committee made up of the HR Director, Director of Warehouse and Logistics, and the Communications Specialist will assess the requests for each timeframe.
Factory Safety Incentive Donations
To encourage and reward each factory for operating safely, Amalgamated Sugar has developed the following program.
Upon the completion of one of four different levels of safe hours at a factory without a recordable incident, Amalgamated Sugar will donate to a charity of the factory’s choice. The charity will be selected by a small committee at each factory. Once a factory reaches 1,000,000 safe hours Amalgamated Sugar will host or take part in a charitable event in the community where the factory is located.
|Hours Without Recordable Injury||Donation Amount|